Steak Diane. Sprinkle the steaks on both sides with the salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Steak Diane is traditionally made with a thinly pounded steak, and a cognac, butter, and shallot sauce that is flambéed right before serving to great dramatic effect.
Prepared tableside where the server ignited the cognac, it was an impressive sight. You don't need to flame the cognac; just keeping it on the heat will eventually evaporate the alcohol. Here you will find out how to cook steak Diane, great weekend recipe. You can have Steak Diane using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak Diane
- You need of Sirloin steak or any cut you prefer.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of tbps salted butter.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of button mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of tbps mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 shot of brandy or cogniac.
- Prepare 3-4 of tbps of Worcester Sauce.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- Prepare 1 handful of peas (optional).
For main course pour some olive oil into a hot pan, remove all fat from the steaks. Slice steaks thin and season them. Fry very quickly on both sides, then, set steaks aside. Steak Diane is a classic restaurant show-stopping dish of tender filet mignon steaks in a rich mushroom-herb cream sauce.
Steak Diane step by step
- Hot pan, olive oil. Season and sear the steaks with 2 cloves of garlic (cook to the degree that you prefer). Add the butter to the pan then baste. Once cooked, take it off the heat and rest the meat..
- On the same pan, saute the chopped onion and 1 clove of garlic until soft. Season with salt, pepper, mustard and Worcester sauce then add the mushrooms..
- Pour the brandy on one side of the pan then slightly tilt over the flame to flambe or just let the alcohol cook-out without flaming. (Be careful when flaming. Make sure that you can control the fire on the pan. Always have a wet towel ready or flour to put out the flames if it gets out of control)..
- Swirl the remaining juices around, add the cream then reduce. Add chopped parsley..
- You can put the steaks back in the cream to finish cooking or you can just spoon the sauce on top of the steaks during plating..
- You can serve it with baked potato wedges (as seen on my picture) or with mashed potatoes. Bon appetit..
With this recipe from chef John J. Vyhnanek, you easily can prepare this meal for a romantic dinner at home with your loved one. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Quickly sauté the steaks for up to a minute on. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt.
Consuming 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One terrific thing about green living is deciding to take life easier and enjoy yourself along the way. It is possible to do this, even in this busy world we live in. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they develop. Numerous people have the attitude of destryong the body today, and mend it with a pill later on. No matter where you look, you read about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. In reality, some of these pills do help but only if you couple them with shift in your lifestyle. Once your body wears out, you cannot get a new one, like your car. You need to look after yourself while you can do so. Your body has to have proper nutrients to run at its most effective levels. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are putting in your mouth is healthy for you? Do you usually eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food restaurants? As a lot of folks opt to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. An increasing number of individuals are developing diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases as a result of the foods they ingest. People are deciding to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Good nutritious food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores. In all probability, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. In this aisle, you’ll be able to find superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to slow down some diseases, or even reverse them. You will find that you think more clearly when you consume these superfoods. As you replace the junk food with the superfoods, you will see an astonishing increase in how much better you feel. By getting the proper nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to function. When this happens, your immune system will easily ward off illnesses. Be sure to incorporate these superfoods into your daily eating routine. Why not include a few beans or blueberries? Then, try to add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Don’t forget whole grains and nuts. Moreover, you may want to eat salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. By consuming these superfoods on a regular basis, you should get rid of any weight problems. Observing a green living diet plan will give you exactly what you need to become healthy and fit. You will see that your immune system becomes better and your body will be able to fend off disease. Ensure your future health by adopting healthy eating habits now.