Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates. Taste and adjust seasonings according to how sweet, tangy or salty you want it! Transfer the green beans to a large bowl along with kidney beans, black eyed beans, green onions, bell pepper, walnuts and red onions. Drizzle the dressing over and stir in some pomegranate pearls.
The crunch of fresh green or French beans along with high-protein legumes like kidney, black-eyed peas along with red onions and pomegranate in a sweet vinegary dressing makes it a healthy low fat super tasty salad; perfect make ahead for any party, picnic or as an everyday side dish. Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates. How about this zesty three bean salad with a tangy, lip smacking dressing! You can cook Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked kidney beans/rajma (or used canned, but rinse thoroughly).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked black eyed peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of cut green beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of pomegranate pearls.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped red onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper/capsicum.
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil (or any salad oil).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vinegar (white or red).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of prepared mustard/Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning/dry oregano leaves.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- Prepare To taste of Black Pepper powder (optional).
Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Fall is the pomegranate season, and I feel it is the perfect time to share my Fesenjan, or Fesenjoon recipe (chicken stew with walnut and pomegranate sauce). Beautiful red ripe pomegranates are available in most supermarkets. This jeweled fruit is the wonder of nature and makes you think about the intricate design that nestles precious gems that… In large bowl combine cooked soybeans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, onion, and cilantro.
Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates instructions
- Boil a pot of water and once it comes to a boil, toss in 1 tsp salt and stir in the green beans. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp tender (do not overcook). Immediately, drain and place in a bowl of ice cold water with ice. This stops the cooking process and maintains the bright green colour of the green beans..
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients: oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic. Add pepper if desired. Shake well for at least 20 seconds to allow the mixture to emulsify into a tangy, sweet and salty vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings according to how sweet, tangy or salty you want it!.
- Transfer the green beans to a large bowl along with kidney beans, black eyed beans, green onions, bell pepper, walnuts and red onions. Drizzle the dressing over and stir in some pomegranate pearls. Toss well to coat the salad. Do a taste test and add more dressing if needed..
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill thoroughly for at least 2 to 3 hours or even overnight. Toss in between to distribute the dressing and add more seasonings or salt if needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature with additional dressing..
- Note: You can use any kind of beans like northern beans, garbanzo beans or chickpeas, black beans etc. and add as much or as little as you want. Fresh green beans is a must. Add some grated carrots or any other vegetable you like for more colour and nutrition. If you like a sweeter salad, you can add more sugar or even honey. Substitute with any seasoning you like; oregano, roasted cumin powder, black salt etc. Another option is to add chopped dates instead of pomegranate..
Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Mike's Zesty Three Bean Salad Recipe First, drain and rinse one can each of the following beans into a large bowl – light red kidney beans, black beans, and garbanzo beans. If you want to use roasted peppers, slice the peppers into quarters and core them out. Add the walnuts to the baking sheet and toss with the maple syrup, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Remove from the oven and spread the walnuts in one layer.
Eating 14 Superfoods Is A Superb Way To Go Green And Be Healthy One of the greatest reasons for going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this hectic world we live in. We should return to a lifestyle that prevents disease before we need to treat it. Most individuals think nothing of abusing their bodies today and fixing them with a pill later. Wherever you look, you find out about some magic pill that will instantly fix your latest problem. Of course, you may get better by taking a pill but not if you hold on to the same old negative habits. Unlike buying a car, you cannot exchange your worn out body for a new one. You must learn how to look after it the soonest you can. Your body cannot run correctly if it does not get the right nutrition. When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without seeing if what you are eating is good for you? Do you regularly eat junk food and a good deal of fried foods from fast food joints? Since people choose to eat things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are cropping up. There is an epidemic of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and a lot others, probably induced by the foods that are ingested. People are choosing to eat better now that they are aware of how crucial food choices are to their health. Nowadays it is a lot easier to find quality foods by shopping at a local farmer’s market or health food store. Today, you can find an organic food aisle in almost all grocery stores. There you will be able to get what science has named superfoods. That name has been given to 14 foods that have been proved to delay a number of diseases, or even reverse them. Consuming these superfoods will make your mental awareness and abilities better. You will begin to feel a whole lotso much better when you choose to consume the superfoods rather than junk food. Your body will start to function as it was meant to when you supply it with the right nutrition. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any malady. You should include a number of superfoods in your diet each day. First off, beans are great, and berries, in particular blueberries. Then, add a few green foods such as broccoli, spinach, or green tea. Walnuts and whole food grains are a couple of other foods to include. Additionally, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soya, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. If you eat the foods in this list, you won’t ever have to worry about gaining weight again. Observing a green living meal plan will give you precisely what you need to become healthy and fit. Your body will become disease free as your immune system improves. Prepare for a healthy future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.